School Zone & Enrolment
Please read the information below about
enroling at Edendale.
Enroling your child at Edendale
We welcome all primary school-aged students within our zone to Edendale School. Please click here to see the boundaries to establish whether your address falls within the zone.
We encourage you to pre-enrol your child and participate in organised pre-school visits to help settle your child into their new environment. Enrolment forms must be completed before your child can take part in these visits. Please remember that it is a legal requirement for children to be accompanied by an adult caregiver for the duration of each visit. We ask that you do not bring other pre-schoolers to these visits.
If you do not already have a child at Edendale you will be required to complete an Edendale statutory declaration for proof of address and have this signed by a Justice of the Peace or a solicitor; these forms are available at the school office. Please bring the following documents (originals, as photocopies will not be accepted) to the school office when enroling your child:
If born in New Zealand
- New Zealand birth certificate or passport.
- Immunisation certificate (not compulsory).
- Two forms of proof of address, i.e. utilities, bank statement or rates bill (we will accept tenancy agreements or bank statements with a signed statutory declaration). This documentation cannot be older than one month. One form of address must be an original, i.e. not downloaded from the internet. If your address is out of zone when the child starts school, and you already have a child attending Edendale, you will need to apply for an out of zone placement.
- A completed Edendale Primary Statutory Declaration (form to be collected from school office or downloaded from here, verified by a JP and dated within a month of your child’s first pre-school visit with a current proof of address, i.e. utilities, bank statement or rates bill.
- All documentation must be given to the office before the first pre-school visit. Once all documentation has been received by the office, instructions for online enrolment will be given.
For all students not born in New Zealand
- Student’s passport showing their current residency and/or student visa.
- Parent’s passport showing current work permit.
- Proof of family relationship such as birth certificate.
- The same criteria for ‘If born in New Zealand’ information, numbers 3 to 5.
Once we have received the online enrolment, we will contact parents regarding pre-school visits if the student is a new entrant.
Please ensure you let us know about:
- Any custody issues relating to your child. We must have a copy of any legal documentation if one parent or another is prohibited from contact with a child.
Changes of address, telephone, email or emergency contacts.
We need to be able to contact you at all times in case of an emergency for the safety and wellbeing of your child.
We will make every effort to ensure a smooth transition to school for your family. A member of the school administration team will contact you to arrange finalisation of the school enrolment process. All documentation must be completed before your child can start. You must come to the school office before your child can go to class on their first day. The enrolment will then be finalised and you and your child will be taken to the classroom.
Meetings with school personnel
We welcome discussions with parents and caregivers. If you have a concern or a query, please make an appointment to see the class teacher. Generally, meetings with class teachers must be held before 8:15am or after 3:15pm. Please contact your child’s teacher to make an appointment. If necessary, please also make a time to meet the Team Leader and Deputy Principal. Please take all emergencies and serious issues directly to the Principal. (Our complaints procedure is on our website; please see school policies).
Three-way conferences are held twice a year, in term one and term three.
Reporting to families
Mid-year reports are in August and end of year summary reports are in December.
All students who live within the home zone described below shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
Aroha Ave (2-36, 1-63)
Balmoral Road (228-280,243-277)
Cambourne Road (1-37, 2-24)
Dominion Road (727-815—odd numbers only)
Ethel St (2-42, 1-25)
Gribblehurst Road (67-91,66-90)
Invermay Ave (odd numbers)
Leslie Ave (1-41, 2-28)
Mt Albert Rd (170-310 even numbers only)
Paice Ave (64-90, 63-91)
Parrish Road (1-29, 2-28)
Renfrew Ave (even numbers)
Sandringham Rd (190-692, 123-681)
St Lukes Road (90-110, 75-123)